USER-CHI peer learning programme is open – become a Berlin fellow city!
USER-CHI is an industry-powered, city-driven and user-centric project that co-creates and demonstrates e-Mobility solutions in 5 connecting nodes of the Mediterranean and Scandinavian-Mediterranean TEN-T network: Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (ES), Berlin (DE), Budapest (HU), Rome (IT) and Turku (FI). These are also known as the USER-CHI demonstrators.
Through our USER-CHI peer learning programme, we are recruiting fellow cities willing to learn, exchange and develop their e-Mobility plans based on the experience and lessons learned of the USER-CHI demonstrators. Opportunities for peer learning with all demonstrator cities will be made public throughout the end of 2021.
We are now recruiting 2 cities to become Berlin fellow cities.
Why become a fellow city?
- Do you want to learn about the Berlin model, a successful approach for the deployment of new electric charging points in the city?
- Do you wish to exchange with the Berlin cluster’s experts on how to motivate private users to shift to more sustainable and alternative, electric ways of transport?
- Would you like hands-on experience on successful incentives for commercial and e-car sharing fleets to become electric?
- Would you like to explore how you can join forces with housing companies to make electric mobility an appealing alternative for residents?
You will have the chance to discuss this and much more by joining the USER-CHI peer learning programme and becoming a Berlin fellow city!
Find out more about Berlin’ electromobility initiatives here.
What do we offer?
If selected to become a fellow city, you will have:
- Access to the eMoBest platform, a secured online space where you can learn and exchange with your city peers on electromobility
- Access to the USER-CHI electromobility library, news, resources and events
- Tailored participation in the ElectriCity webinar on 20/09/2021, which will dive into the state of electromobility in the demonstration site of Berlin
- Direct contact with the USER-CHI cities and experts from the Berlin demonstration site
- USER-CHI assistance for the development of electromobility plans and strategies
- Participation in one peer learning visit in Berlin in 2022, with travel costs reimbursed for one person up to 750 euros (date to be confirmed)
- Opportunity to speak at online and offline electromobility conferences and meetings
What are the commitments of a fellow city?
- Fill in the application form and define a detailed request for learning
- Participate in the ElectriCity – Berlin webinar on 20/09/2021
- Take part in the peer learning visit in Berlin in 2022
- Fill in a short peer learning report at the end of the peer learning visit
- Gather and send all documents required for the reimbursement of costs (no financial obligations as participants)
How to apply?
The USER-CHI peer learning programme – Berlin is open to any urban authority of a local administrative unit active in electromobility and established in an EU member state.
To be eligible, the application must:
- Be submitted by 24th August 2021 COB;
- Be prepared by only one city (no “joint” applications);
- Be duly completed in all parts;
- Be submitted in English
Please send your signed application to email@example.com and specify in the subject line: USER-CHI peer learning programme – Berlin